Last updated May 12, 2020
Your privacy is a priority at Weave Grid, and we go to great lengths to protect it. Please take a moment to read the following to learn more about our information practices, including what type of information is gathered, how the information is used and for what purposes, to whom we disclose the information, and how we safeguard your personal information.
Personal Information (“PI”) and Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) Provided by You
We collect PI from you when you use the Websites and/or App. While we do not require you to provide PI in order to navigate the Websites, we must collect certain PI and PII if you choose to use our services. PII includes information where your name is combined with other specific identifiers such as your address, email address, phone number, location, or EV usage behaviors. We may also collect PI and PII when you create or modify an online account or otherwise provide us with PI and PII in any correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions submitted through the Websites. When you voluntarily provide us with a cell phone number on the Websites or App, you are giving us express written consent to use that number for the purpose indicated and to communicate information to you that is closely related to such purpose, so long as you have not given us instructions to the contrary. You may revoke this consent at any time by any reasonable method. Your consent to be contacted by us is not required in order to receive our services.
Device and Usage Information
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of our Site, such as which pages on our Site you access, the frequency of access, information about transactions made on our Site, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location that may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access the Websites via a browser on your mobile device or through the use of the App, we may also collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes. We may also access functions on your mobile device for the operation of the App, which can include: telephone, browser, social media apps, or GPS.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored within your computer’s or mobile device’s memory by a website through your browser. Cookies enable a website such as ours to keep track of your activities on that website, and to improve your use of the website, such as by keeping track of your preferences.
You can change your browser settings on your personal computer or mobile device so that cookies are not stored. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Websites, but you may not have access to some of the Websites’ functions and your ability to use some areas of the Websites may be limited.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve the Websites’ security, assess the performance of the Websites, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Websites and third-party websites.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your PI. For example, we may aggregate PI to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code or the total amount of EV charging in a particular neighborhood.
If you wish to utilize Weave Grid Account Services (the “Services”), Weave Grid needs you to provide us with additional categories of PI and PII for purposes of processing and transmitting information to render useful content for your experience and to help us give you better service.
For example: We collect the following three main categories of information related to your EV experience: (1) information about your vehicle (EV), (2) information about your driving, and (3) information from or about your vehicle charging. Depending on the products and services you request, own, or use, not all of these types of information may be applicable to you:
- Information About your EV – VIN or Vehicle Identification Number, and EV make, model and model year;
- Information About your driving – drive observation date and time, odometer reading, GPS coordinates, and other related fields;
- Information About your charging – for each charging observation, charging power level (kW), total charging energy (total electricity consumed in kWh for a contiguous session), battery state of charge, GPS coordinates of where the charging session occurred, and other related fields;
By enrolling in the Services, you are giving us permission to collect these categories of information, among others, because they are necessary for the Services.
Third-Party Data Collection
We use a third-party service called Google Analytics, which is a service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use and Share Information
We use the PI we collect in the following ways:
- To Provide Services: We use PI that we collect in order to provide any Services that you may request or in which you have enrolled.
- Communicate: We use PI to communicate with you about the Websites, App or Services. We may also use your PI to send you updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to the Websites, App or Services, or to send you information, recommendations and promotions that we believe will be of interest to you.
- Customer Support: We may use your PI to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need certain information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about the Websites, App or Services.
- To Improve Our Services: We may use your PI for statistical analyses, generating surveys, and doing market research in order to improve the Service. We may use information collected on the Websites, App or Services to personalize your experience.
- Site Maintenance: We analyze how our users interact with the Websites and App in order to maintain and improve them. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with the Websites, App or Services.
- Legitimate Business Purposes. We may use your PI or PII for any other business purpose we deem legitimate, as permitted by applicable law. Weave Grid does not sell or rent your PI or PII information to other marketers or any other third-party other than as specifically needed for the Services. If you wish to utilize the Services, Weave Grid may only disclose your information to third-party service providers, such as your local power company, and other institutions for purposes of processing and transmitting information in a way that ensures that the app experience and content accurately reflect your vehicle activity.
We reserve the right to share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that (i) help us perform Site functions and process your transactions, or (ii) provide services to us for legitimate business purposes, as permitted by applicable law. This information sharing is subject to a confidentiality agreement between us and the third party protecting that information. We also sometimes share EV and charging information with service providers to support the utilities’ desire to track usage or its legal obligation to perform energy efficiency services.
- Within Our Corporate Family: We may share information with a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a contemplated or actual merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation. All such transfer of information will be protected by a confidentiality agreement binding the parties.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- For Legal Purposes: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to or in compliance with court or regulatory agency orders, legal proceedings, or legal process; to exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your PI for a specific purpose not described above. In such case, we will notify you and request consent before you provide the PI or before the PI you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
The security of your PI and PII is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your PI and PII. No method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PI and PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You should exercise discretion in what information you send to us by email. We cannot guarantee that email sent over the Internet is secure and will not be intercepted by others before it reaches us. We are not responsible for the security of information contained in emails sent over the Internet.
Weave Grid will only process personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by those who provided the information. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Weave Grid shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
In those instances in which Weave Grid collects personal information directly from individuals, Weave Grid shall allow those individuals access to their personal information and allow the individual to correct, amend or delete information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. As noted above, you may not delete all information if you wish to maintain access to the Service.
Inquiries, Complaints, Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
If you wish to verify, correct or delete any personal information we have collected, or if you have any questions or concerns, or if you have any complaints, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is a dispute between you and Weave Grid regarding your personal information or this policy, you agree to use reasonable efforts to resolve such dispute with Weave Grid informally and to consult and negotiate with Weave Grid in good faith to reach a fair and equitable solution.